Changing the address in PAN CARD


I just want to know it is necessary to change the address in PAN CARD, if you change your address. I have received my pan card 2 yrs back when I was working in Gurgaon. so in PAN deptt. data they are having my Gurgaon address. Now I am in Bangalore. Is it required to inform, NSDL to change the address, because in PAN card, address no where use and mention and if yes, then whats the procedure?

MyTaxes Support:
This is from FAQ at incometaxindia site:

28. Do you need to apply for a PAN when you move or transfer from one city to another?
Permanent Account Number (PAN), as the name suggests, is a permanent number and does not change during lifetime of PAN holder. Changing the address or city, though, may change the Assessing Officer. Such changes must, therefore, be intimated to nearest IT PAN Service Center or TIN Facilitation Center for required correction in PAN databases of the Income Tax department. These requests will have to be made in a form for 'Request For New PAN Card Or/ And Changes In PAN Data'


[0] Message Index